- This event has concluded.
Managing Your Nervous System—Three Sessions with Jane Austin (via Zoom)
May 9 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
In this three session workshop beginning on May 9 and continuing on May 23 & June 13, we’ll explore how to find peace, calm, and balance, especially in changing and chaotic times. Under the wise guidance of Jane Austin, we’ll learn some simple tools and practices that can help. When the nervous system gets activated, it can become over-stimulated. Learn about how trauma and stress affect your body, as well as tools to use when stressed and ways to restore calm and balance. This workshop is a personal growth group for those interested in learning about their own nervous systems. Participants must commit to all three sessions.
In this workshop, you will learn about:
- Types of trauma
- Neurological effects of trauma/stress
- Bodily signs of threat response and traumatic stress
- The Autonomic Nervous System: its parts, its job, when to control it and/or when to manage it.
- Getting to know and understand your own Autonomic Nervous System
- The Window of Tolerance: its importance and how to manage it
- Tools to help you manage your Nervous System
Leader: Jane Austin is a coach, spiritual director, and somatic experiencing practitioner (SEP). Jane has been working as an SEP since 2011 in many different settings. Learning how to manage her nervous system has been a life changer for Austin. Following her 2008-2011 training with Peter Levine’s Trauma Healing Institute, the lens through which she sees her own and others’ behaviors has changed radically. Austin has spent years helping individuals and groups, including bomb squads and other military base units, work on addressing their PTSD.
Registration below includes all three sessions. Registrants will receive a Zoom link in the automated ticket confirmation.