The Resource Center for Women and Ministry in the South (RCWMS) will offer paid, part-time internships for those interested in the intersections of justice, feminism, and religion. RCWMS is an intergenerational, interfaith organization that weaves together feminism, spirituality, and social justice through its programs in women’s preaching, LGBTQ spirituality, issue advocacy, writing and art, anti-racism, conscious elderhood, eco-feminism, spiritual practices, and more. We invite you to join us by applying for an internship.
What would I do during the internship?
- Work about 10-15 hours a week from September-December (start and end dates are flexible)
- Create, improve, or expand a program or event with an intergenerational focus
- Attend social justice and advocacy events
- Contribute writing to the RCWMS newsletter and blog
- Assist with RCWMS programming, publications, and social media sites
- Prepare mailings, write thank you notes, and contribute to other office tasks
Note: all RCWMS staff contribute to these tasks
What can I expect from RCWMS?
- Check-ins with your supervisor twice a month
- Financial compensation at approximately $20/hour
- A learning contract you will draft with your supervisor at the start of the internship
- A comfortable, relaxed office environment with a wide selection of tea
Who should apply? Interns should be:
- Interested in exploring the intersections of feminism, justice, and religion
- Comfortable with creative, self-directed work
- Committed to practicing strong written and verbal communication
- In career discernment or life transition, career formation or school, or want to learn more about connecting spirituality, creativity, and social justice in their own lives. Age is not a determining factor.
To Apply: Submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the application form by April 30, 2019.
Next Steps: RCWMS will review all application materials and contact you by May 31, 2019 to update you regarding the status of your application. If you have questions about the internship or application process, please contact email@example.com.
RCWMS is committed to fostering the leadership of people of color, Native people, immigrants and refugees, low-income people, LGBTQ+ and trans* people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual and/or domestic violence, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We strongly encourage people from these communities to apply and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, socioeconomic class, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex, religion, disability status, citizenship status, age, veteran status, or national origin.