The Resource Center for Women* and Ministry in the South (RCWMS) is offering paid, part-time Anita McLeod Internships for those interested in the intersections of justice, religion, and feminism and womanism. RCWMS is an intergenerational, interfaith organization that weaves together feminism, spirituality, and social justice through its programs in LGBTQ spirituality, women’s preaching, anti-racism, issue advocacy, writing and art, conscious elderhood, spiritual practices, and more. We invite you to join us by applying for an internship.
Our staff continue to take precautions to protect ourselves and our neighbors during the COVID-19 pandemic. We fully intend for our Fall 2021 internship to be at least partially in-person in our Durham, NC office. We will continue to follow CDC guidance and work with individuals in order to provide a safe environment.
*We invite all women (cis and trans), non-binary, and genderqueer people to apply for our internships.
What would the intern do during the internship?
Note: all RCWMS staff contribute to all of these tasks.
- Work about 10-12 hours per week from September 1–December 3, 2021 (start and end dates are flexible)
- Create, improve, or expand a program or event with an intergenerational focus
- Attend social justice and advocacy events
- Contribute writing to the RCWMS newsletter and blog
- Assist with RCWMS programming, publications, and social media sites
- Serve as a technical host for some Zoom and/or in-person events
- Prepare mailings, write thank-you notes, and contribute to other administrative tasks when possible
What can the intern expect from RCWMS?
- Financial compensation of approximately $20/hour
- Weekly check-ins with your supervisor
- A learning contract you will draft with your supervisor at the start of the internship
- Occasional spiritual direction with a spiritual director
Who should apply? Interns should be:
- Interested in exploring the intersections of feminism or womanism, justice, and religion
- Comfortable with creative, self-directed work
- Committed to practicing strong written and verbal communication
- In a period of vocational discernment or life transition and interested in connecting spirituality, creativity, and social justice in your own life. Age is not a determining factor.
To Apply: Complete the application form by Monday, May 10, 2021.
Next Steps: RCWMS will review all application materials and contact you by Friday, June 18, 2021 to update you regarding the status of your application. If you have questions about the internship or application process, please contact email@example.com.
RCWMS is committed to fostering the leadership of people of color, Native people, immigrants and refugees, low-income people, LGBTQ+ and trans* people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual and/or domestic violence, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We strongly encourage people from these communities to apply and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, socioeconomic class, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex, religion, disability status, citizenship status, age, veteran status, or national origin.